We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Skins/themes for Jasper

kburns

Hi there -

First off I must preface with a warning that I am brand new to the world of jasper.

Ok. I understand that there are templates that can be used/created for reports (ie the coffee table one) to give them a certain look and feel. Similarly, is it possible to create a skin/theme for the actual jaspersoft server that users log into to run reports?

And if so, are there places to download free ones? (I have yet to find any)

Thanks!

kb

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, for Community version, you can build from the source code, then you get themes and fuctionality before the official release :-)

There is a wiki entry on how to checkout and build the source code:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/mwiki/index.php/Jasperserver/BuildingSourceCode

But you don't need to build the source because it looks like we are on track to relase the Community version right at Feburary 1st (fingers crosses - fixing last bugs...)

-Tony

Adri;

To clarify, JasperServer 4 has, as part of the application, a repository functionality in which theme files are stored. In this case, one can switch between different themes, immediately changing the appearance of the application UI.

However, I think you are looking for something else: a place, external to any instance of the application, that stores themes made by the community, that you can download.

This second thing does not yet exist, but I believe it will very shortly. Initially I think it will be treated as a new project within this Forge called "JasperServer Themes."

Tim Sheiner

UX Architect

• 3 weeks later...