We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jerics99

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to run tomcat with the java 32 bits so it works with the wrapper (used for running as service). I think there are also some other 64bits restrictions with opening port and the like that don't prompt for the Security popup.

MySQL can be 32 or 64.

Post Edited by jscoobyced at 10/27/2010 10:39

JasperServer is fully compatible with a 64-bit environment. You can install 64-bit Tomcat and 64-bit MySQL (or GlassFish or PostgreSQL etc.)

I'm not sure what wrapper jscoobyced is referring to in, "You need to run tomcat with the java 32 bits so it works with the wrapper". But that's not a piece that you need to run if you don't want to.

JasperServer is available in a simple GUI installer. This installer is only 32-bit. It will work on a 64-bit machine... but it only includes 32-bit binaries. So you need to install from the WAR file to get full 64-bit goodness.

Regards,
Matt

@mdahlman

Agreed that you can run all in 64 bits. It's just that using the installer I got some issues using the bundled tomcat and MySQL on Windows 7 64bits. Windows 7 has these nasty popup every now and then to 'Allow to run something', 'Allow to open this port', ....

With bundled MySQL the issue was with the Windows Firewall so you need to do some tricky enable/disable steps

With Tomcat if you want to run your own version and be able to start it using the Windows Service, there were issues (back in January when I actually did that) and you needed the 32 bits version additional steps.

--

JSC