We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Issue while importing from 3.1 to 3.5 or 3.7

abinabraham

Hi all,

We are facing an issue while importing from 3.1 to 3.5 and even to 3.7.While importing only folders and jrxml files are getting imported.The xml files are not been imported and displays as it already exists.

Can anyone please help on this issue

Thanks and regards

joe

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the version 3.1 to 3.5 upgrade, did you follow the procedure in the Install Guide - Section 7?

Did you do any customizations of the code in 3.1?

Can you show us the output of the import?

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Post Edited by swood at 02/17/2010 02:20

Thanks for pointing to he documentation. I'm sorry that I didn't checked it earlier. Was able to import from 3.1 to 3.5 as instructed in the document.

Now I'm trying to import 3.5 export into 3.7. But, stuck with the following error which comes whenever an jasperAnalysis view xml file is encountered in the import .

09:03:37,733 ERROR CastorSerializer:116 - org.exolab.castor.xml.MarshalException
: The class for the root element 'semanticLayerDataSource' could not be found.{F
ile: [not available]; line: 2; column: 26}
09:03:37,760 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.
JSExceptionWrapper: The class for the root element 'semanticLayerDataSource' cou
ld not be found.

Appreciate your help on this !

It almost looks like there is still an issue regarding pointing to an older configuration when trying to import to 3.7. "class for root element" error would indicate this.

If you would like (and you don't have any proprietary information), you can post your js-3.5-export.zip as an attachment and I can give it a try on my system to see that I can have success.

Also, please log an Enhancement Request on the Tracker for "Add Import-Export to the UI". I am really thinking that this would make things much easier and less confusing with the multiple release upgrade scenario.

I'll keep an eye out for any attachments.

It imported super fine into Jasper 3.7 professional edition. Earlier, I was trying to import in Jasper CE 3.7, but it was failing because of differences between the two editions(e.g. dashboards were not getting imported and causing the whole process to fail).

Futher, the professional edition was even able to import 3.1 export, without any extra work, error or warning. Unbelievable !

Thanks Tony for your valuable inputs. I agree that the import-export functionality through front end UI will be more convenient and would eliminate the need to log in to the server machine everytime for this action. Will log an enhancement request.

• 1 year later...

hi i am trying to import an the directory in jasperserver 4.0 but i a getting below error.

not importing

org.exolab.castor.xml.MarshalException: The class for the root element 'semanticLayerDataSource'

could not be found.{File: [not available];

this is what i am getting while importing

------------------------------------------------------

Creating ActionModelService object.

Creating action model infrastructure.

Folder /EDI_BU already exists, importing permissions only

Folder /EDI_BU/DATA_SOURCE already exists, importing permissions only

Folder /EDI_BU/DOMAINS already exists, importing permissions only

Folder /EDI_BU/REPORTS already exists, importing permissions only

Folder /EDI_BU/REPORTS/PCMR already exists, importing permissions only

Folder /EDI_BU/REPORTS/PCMR_INPUT_CONTROLLERS already exists, importing permissions only

Resource /EDI_BU/DATA_SOURCE/MSSQL_SERVER already exists, not importing

i uninstalled and installed jasperreports server 4.0 again but still same error

can anyone help me