We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

strange compilation error

staind85

i get this error at compiling a report:

Compilation exceptions: com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.ErrorsCollector@ee9963  net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed, calculator_autorizacion_1257876720246_983793: 41: unexpected token: field_T @ line 41, column 25. 1 error      at net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.JRGroovyCompiler.compileUnits(JRGroovyCompiler.java:88)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:188)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:215)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:131)     at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.

this happends in certain cases, i mean, with few tables (temporaries), some of them work, others not, an that error is the same with every table i test, what can it be?

unexpected token: field_T @ line 41, column 25 (It always tells me this, i don`t understand this message).

thanks for the help...

Code:
Compilation exceptions: com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.ErrorsCollector@ee9963  net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed, calculator_autorizacion_1257876720246_983793: 41: unexpected token: field_T @ line 41, column 25. 1 error      at net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.JRGroovyCompiler.compileUnits(JRGroovyCompiler.java:88)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:188)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:215)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:131)     at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I get a very similar error:

"Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed, calculator_customersReport_1270739251038_146945: 18: unable to resolve class JREvaluator
 @ line 18, column 1.calculator_customersReport_1270739251038_146945: 25: unable to resolve class JRFillParameter ...
"

And the stack trace goes on saying that neither the JRFillField, JRFillParameter, JRFillVariable class are found (they are located in the jasperreports engine library).

I have the groovy and the jasper enginer libraries where they should be.

Indeed changing the scripting language to Java or JavaScript does help, but is there any other way?

Best regards,

Andrei

• 2 years later...

This error sometimes might be happen due to something wrong when iReport load the Jar file dynamically.  can try to reopen the iReport. if it happen when run the report on the Jasper Server.  look into the directory, make sure the path the Jar file be added is correct.

• 5 months later...
This is for all those who don't know how to change report language.
CAUTION: I use Netbeans IDE so the following applies to Netbeans only.

In Netbeans ide,
  • Open up the 'Projects' tab on your left hand side.
  • Look for the file with .jrxml ending in your project.
  • Double click it to open it up in the right hand pane.
  • Take a look at the screen shot here:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ForJasperCommunity.png.37d7ff779f8fb5fba6cf03e2ac759073.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Click on XML tab to open the xml code of the report.
  • On the very second line from the top look for <jasperReport> tag and scroll horizontally to locate the 'lang' attribute.
  • Change it to suit you. (I changed it to java as suggested

ForJasperCommunity.png.0886950368567dcd5662ed4f6f2659f0.png

• 3 months later...