JasperReports 7.0 is now available ×

External application roles & permission + JS ?

teamireport

HI Folks,

I have been using jasperserver for few months. I quitely understood how the roles and permissions are working on JS based on user login .

I would like to know does Jasperserver CE supports external web application roles and permission to access the reports uploaded in jaspeserver  based on external users roles & permissions?

my implementation are as follows

1. logged in users in my web application with some roles and permission should have access the specific reports to access in jasperserver .

Note : Exposing JS  interface this is achieved via mod_jk & CAS implementation and working fine.

2. I'm struggling/ dont have an clear idea  on accesing the reports that i uploaded in jasperserver through my web application with specifc external users roles & permissions.

Are this approach can be achiveable in any way ?

can anyone please give an idea how to achive ? 

thanks,

teamireport

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JasperServer will add external users with the roles they have from the external authentication service.

You will need to have resources and folders already in the repository that have their permissions set up, so the new external users have the right access, such as:

external user has a role, ROLE_OFFICE_MANAGER

permissions on the repository folders and resources will need to be set up to control the access of ROLE_OFFICE_MANAGER

Sherman

Jaspersoft