We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Chart/Status Bar problem

vickirk

Hi,

I'm trying to create a status bar indicator using a chart.  What I want is to create is a horizontal bar with a value from 0 to 100.  I tried creating using a horizontal bar chart and turning off the labels/legend/ticks however the ticks remain and seem to ignore the setting.  I also thought I'd try a thermometer type chart but would need to get rid of the "bulb" and the oreientation field is ignored.

The bar needs to be the same height as a line of text.

Is there another way of doing it or is there any documentation on how to expand the charts available.

Thanks, Vic

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The attached class render something of similar of what you want (you can adjust it, it is just a proof of concept).

The class must be in the classpath (attached a jar with that class).

To use it, just add an image element and set the expression to:

gradientcomponent.GradientComponent.create(new Double(0.75))

new Double(0.75) can be replaced with your value. It bust be between 0 and 1.

Set the image so fill frame.
To improve the quality, you can set the image size:

gradientcomponent.GradientComponent.create(new Double(0.75), 543, 50)

Have fun

Giulio

Code:
package gradientcomponent;import java.awt.Color;import java.awt.GradientPaint;import java.awt.Graphics2D;import java.awt.Shape;import java.awt.image.BufferedImage;/** * * @author gtoffoli */public class GradientComponent {    public static Color background = Color.WHITE;    public static BufferedImage create(Double value)    {        return create(value, 800, 50);    }    public static BufferedImage create(Double value, int imgWidth, int imgHeight)    {        BufferedImage buf = new BufferedImage(900, 50, BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_ARGB);        Graphics2D g = buf.createGraphics();        g.setColor(background);        g.fillRect(0, 0,imgWidth , imgHeight);        Shape oldClip = g.getClip();        g.clipRect(0, 0, (int)(imgWidth*value), imgHeight);        // Red to yellow...        GradientPaint gradient = new GradientPaint(0,0, Color.RED, imgWidth/2,0,Color.YELLOW);        g.setPaint(gradient);        g.fillRect(0,0,imgWidth/2,imgHeight);        // Yellow to green        gradient = new GradientPaint(imgWidth/2,0, Color.YELLOW, imgWidth,0,Color.GREEN);        g.setPaint(gradient);        g.fillRect(imgWidth/2,0,imgWidth,imgHeight);        g.setClip(oldClip);        g.setColor(Color.BLACK);        g.drawRect(0,0,imgWidth-1, imgHeight-1);        return buf;    }}