We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

OT - Maps Reports

fedepia

Hello, how are you?

First at all, it is my first post and I don't know if it is the correct forum, so sorry in advance.

I'm posting because I am really interested in the creation of intelligence maps, I don't know how is the name, but it is an interactive map like the following:
http://212.170.170.186/Maker/epa_geografico/EPA.jsp

I want to create these kind of reports, but I have no idea about how to achieve this.

Can anyone tell me the name of these kind of applications? How can I do to create these kind of maps?

Best regards and thank you in advance.

Federico

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Giulio, thanks for write.

By the way, I would like to ask you if can you tell me the name of this kind of tools? What is it... mapintelligence, dashboardmap, mapboards??

Thank you in advance!

Fede

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I had seen Jasper Reports3.6 which provides Maps and flash charts features, but from the website and the sample charts/maps  it seems they are all static. Like for example for a client we are doing a POC for them using Jaspersoft BI Suite.

Now the requirement is to build drill down capability in Maps and Charts.

Like for example using Jaspersoft Reports or Jasper Analysis, can we create a map that shows say

sales at country level -->> then when user clicks on a country it shows Sales at States level --> then user clicks on a State so its shows Sales at Store Level...

Can we create this drill down capability in Jasper iReports or Jasper Analysis using Maps graphical representation?

I know this forum is for Jasper iReport but i will raise the same query on Jasper Analysis also because I dont know which tool of Jasper will support this...

Thanks & Regards

Anuradha.

Yes, with JasperReports Pro 3.6 you can create maps such that you can click on the map and drill down to another map.

For now you would need to purchase JasperReports Pro 3.6 and manually upgrade JasperServer to use this version of JR. Later JasperServer Pro will include this version of JR with the ProMaps, so you won't need to upgrade JR libraries yourself.

Regards,
Matt

Thanks Matt for your inputs.

But how would we implement this drill down. Can you please provide some sample reports or steps on how to build this drill down from 1 map to other and 1 chart to other.

I had seen sample Map pro map example but that tell about simple Map creation not on how to link 2 maps or 2 charts.

Would highly appreciate if I can get this information at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade to ireport 3.6 so that we can use the interactive maps. Our server is 3.5 professional. According to Matt you have to manually upgrade JasperServer to use this version of JR. Is there any instructions on this upgrade? Or what libraries need to be updated?

Thanks

IrishGuy