We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

rkm258

Hi,

Just wondering what is the next release of Professional version capable of in regard to "domains".

1. Will there be a support to add Custom Report Data Source Service. So that i provide the database connection to use, rather than choose one from JDBC/JNDI data sources.

I had been able to do so with using Topics not using Domains, because the 'Data sources selection in Domains pulls only JDBC and JNDI datasources'.

2. Can security filters add dynamic values for filtering. The examples i have seen so far adds only static values.

Since it is based on groovy language, i'am assuming this might be possible.

3. What additional capabilities will it have for domains.

Thanks

Ram

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On point 2 this is sort of discussed in a seperate thread see http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=49545

We did manage to implement this doing something like :

<filterExpression>customer.name == groovy('an expression that returns a String')</filterExpression>

The easiest way we found to implement the dynamic expression that returns a string is a call to a static method
on our own class that's in the JasperServer classpath. Then you can make your class do whatever it likes or go and call
whatever it likes to return the value.

Alternatively you can build it up as a groovy expression. So for example if you want to get an attribute from the security principal
(which is effectively what our static method does) then you can do something like :

groovy('authentication.getPrincipal().getAttributes().find{ it.getAttrName() == "Name of attibute on security principal"}.getAttrValue()')

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you, for reply. I have a question regarding Topics saved from Domains.

If the domains have a security filter with resourceAccessGrant and other access grants. Will the saved Topic from the Domains obey these security filters.

Ram