iReport problem on end user computer System

hell_tej

my Desktop Application is based on NetBeans 6.0 and i use iReport to display Report.

It works Properly on my Computer but when i run jar file on another computer(Customer Computer), Report can't run!

so what's th problem? shell i add any type of Library or other supported file to run iReport on user computer.i am giving you my code which is used to display report from my Swing Menu.

Code:
try        {            String reportName = "universaljobforce/candidate.jasper";            InputStream is = this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(reportName);            JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(is, new HashMap(), DB.connect());            JasperViewer jv = new JasperViewer(jasperPrint);            jv.setVisible(true);        }        catch(Exception e)        {            System.out.println("Report Error"+e);        }

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my NetBeans Jar file which holds the report .jasper files can't work i Think it cause of that computer has only JDK 6.0 it has no other iReport Plugin or iReport Software so without it's supported file it can't run.

am i right or not?

What's the solution of it please Help!!!

First iReport is a development tool. Jasper Report is the reporting engine. For Jasper Report to run you need to include the Jasper Report jar as part of your deployment.

It is located in the lib that comes with iReports and is in the form

jasperreports-#.#.#.jar

where # are the version numbers

I Include Following Library jar files

1).jasperreports-3.1.3.jar

2).jasperreports-chart-themes-3.1.2.jar

3).commons-beanutils-1.7.jar

4).commons-collections-2.1.jar

5).commons-digester-1.7.jar

6).commons-logging-1.1.jar

7).iText-2.1.0.jar

but still that problem, when i run my Swing desktop application on another computer,Report can't visible when i click on swing Button of Report.

• 4 weeks later...

Please Solve my problem i have to submit my project after 5 days to my examinar.

still i have problem that i can't run by Jasper Report in other computer.

my whole NetBeans Project runs properly but when i click on button of report it displays NullPointerException. in my computer it works properly.

please Help...

jasperreports.jar is not enough, you need many other jars from which JR depends to.

I suggest you to download the jasperreports distribution for the exact set of jars you need.

Probably in some way you have these jars in the classpath on your local machine...

Anyway can you see an exception or something?

Giulio

Thanks Mr. Giulio Toffoli  for Reply,

I tried your suggestions in my project. I include following JAR file library in my NetBeans Project.

(1).commons-beanutils-1.7.jar  (2).commons-collections-2.1.jar  (3).commons-digester-1.7.jar (4).commons-logging-1.1.jar (5).groovy-all-1.5.5.jar (6).jakarta-bcel-20050813.jar   (7).jaxen-1.1.1.jar   (8).jcommon-1.0.15.jar (9).jfreechart-1.0.12.jar (10). jpa.jar (11). hxl-1.6.jar   (12).png-encoder-1.5.jar   (13).poi-3.2-FINAL-20081019.jar   (14). jasperreports-3.1.3.jar    (15). xalan.jar   (16). xercesImpl.jar   (17). xml-apis.jar (18). batik-anim.jar   (19).batik-awt-util.jar   (20).batik-bridge.jar   (21). batik-css.jar   (22) batik-dom.jar   (23). batik-ext.jar   (24). batik-gvt.jar   (25). batik-parser.jar   (26). batik-script.jar   (27). batik-svg-dom.jar   (28).batik-svggen.jar   (29). batik-util.jar    (30). batik-xml.jar   (31).iText.jar   (32).rhino-1.7R1.jar   (33).xml-apis-ext.jar   (34).jasperreports-chart-themes-3.1.2.jar

I am creating a JobPlacement Swing Based Desktop Application which has 4 tables. I was created reports for each table using iReport Plugin of NetBeans 6.0. then I create a setup file using InstallShild 2009.

It works excellent when I install setup on My computer , when I was install that project on other computer and run project’s .jar. My Swing Based Application runs fine but only the Report Occurs problem when I tried to load it.

I also tried to install iReport Software .exe file on that computer but still it not works.
Is JasperServer or something needed. Or if any other JAR or API needed to run my report on another computer

Platform :- Windows XP
Database:- MS Access 2003
IDE        :-NetBeans 6.0
App. :- JAVA Swing Desktop Application

i use following  code to view report.

Code:
try        {            String reportName = "universaljobforce/candidate.jasper";            InputStream is = this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(reportName);            JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(is, new HashMap(), DB.connect());            JasperViewer jv = new JasperViewer(jasperPrint);            jv.setVisible(true);        }        catch(Exception e)        {            System.out.println("Report Error"+e);        }

The jasper file you produce must use the same JasperReports version of your application. I.e. if you compile a report with iReport 3.5.0 (which comes with JasperReport 3.5.0), you can not use this jasper file with JasperReports 3.1.2 (that's the one shipped with your application).

You can still use a jasper file produced with an old version of JasperReports with a newer version of the library since the backward compatibility is assured.

Giulio

Sorry Mr. Giulio, But it still have problem. I checked all librarys and replace them to iReport plugin verson's library in which report created. But still when i install it on other computer,it returns NullPointerException. what can i do for it Please please please please please please please HELP ME......................My examinar will check my project after two days

Post Edited by Tejas Sheth at 04/09/09 14:23

• 5 years later...

Hello,

my Desktop Application is based on NetBeans 7.0 and i use iReport to display Report.

It works Properly on my Computer but when i run jar file on another computer(Customer Computer), Report can't run!

so what's the problem? shell i add any type of Library or other supported file to run iReport on user computer.i am giving you my code which is used to display report from my Swing Menu.

Please help me.

• 9 months later...

Please help me sir, I'm working on standalone java application with Jasper as a reporting tool.

Everything work on my system but the report are not opening on other system. I included all the necessary library . below is my method to perform the operation

public void viewStudent(String sex, String classes)

{

try {

String url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost/sis";

String username = "root";

String password = "hima";

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url,username,password);

Statement stmt = con.createStatement();

try

{

JasperDesign jd = JRXmlLoader.load("C:\Users\HASHIM A.S\Documents\viewstudents.jrxml");

String Query = "SELECT id,sname,fname,mname,sex,class,gname,gphone from student_info where sex = '"+sex+"' AND class = '"+classes+"' ORDER BY id ";

JRDesignQuery newQueery = new JRDesignQuery();

newQueery.setText(Query);

jd.setQuery(newQueery);

JasperReport jr = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jd);

JasperPrint jp = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jr, null, con);

JasperViewer.viewReport(jp,false);

} catch (JRException ex) {

Logger.getLogger(RegisterationPage.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);

}

}

catch (SQLException ex) {

Logger.getLogger(RegisterationPage.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);

}

}

Please help me sir,  I'm working on standalone java application  with Jasper as a reporting tool.
Everything work on my system but the report are not opening on other system. I included all the necessary library . below is my method to perform the operation

public void viewStudent(String sex, String classes)
     {
        try {
            String url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost/sis";
            String username = "root";
            String password = "hima";
            Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url,username,password);
            Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
            try
            {
            JasperDesign jd = JRXmlLoader.load("C:\Users\HASHIM A.S\Documents\viewstudents.jrxml");
                String Query = "SELECT id,sname,fname,mname,sex,class,gname,gphone from student_info where sex = '"+sex+"' AND class = '"+classes+"' ORDER BY id ";
                JRDesignQuery newQueery = new JRDesignQuery();
                newQueery.setText(Query);
                jd.setQuery(newQueery);    
                JasperReport jr = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jd);
                JasperPrint jp = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jr, null, con);
                JasperViewer.viewReport(jp,false);

} catch (JRException ex) {
            }
        }
        catch (SQLException ex) {
        }
     }

• 2 weeks later...