We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

subtotal by group at the end of a report

frblusso

Hello

I want to generate a report like in the example jasper.txt attached.

so I define a group  "mygroup" in Ireport  and the detail band contains the detail of each name.

The problem is to generate AT THE END of the report a summary with SUBtotal for each group .

I defined a  variable Vtotal relied to field value with the parameter "reset type" = group and "reset group" = mygroup

If I put this Vtotal in  Summary band,  the total sum is displayed, but it is not a total for each group .

Is the only solution is to use 2 subreports , one for detail information and one for subtotal information?

Regards

Françoise

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

hello

we tried this but the subreport in the summary section is never displayed because the datasource has no data to read. if i put the same subreport with the same parameters and datasource in the detail section the subreport is populated with the good datas.

I have the same problem if i use the last page section to put my subreport.

Im am fabridp and I have the same problem (topic:

Table summarizing totals) with the difference that I have GROUP/SUBGROUP to do "subtotals by subgroup at the footer main grouping". (N subtotal tables)

Can you help me with some detail using JRDatasource approach considering I am quite new with Jasper?

Thanks in advance

Fabri