We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

XML datasource on Jasper Server

kkonyaev

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an XML data source for JasperServer and iReport, but you need to create a custom data source for JasperServer, in order to get the XML file etc that uses the underlying JasperReports APIs. Have a look in the JasperServer documentation about custom data sources.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ronline
Wrote:

The link to download patch is broken => “The page you requested cannot be found”.
Could you please tell me where to download the patch ?

It is a browser issue. For unknown reasons firefox 3.6.6 shows http://jasperforge.org/404.php instead of downloading. Things goes fine with any-other browser.

Post Edited by ronline at 07/09/2010 13:10

Didn’t get it work.

I’ve extracted the jasperserver-datasources-file-ce/jasperserver-ce-war-patch/WEB-INF/ into corresponding directories in jasperserver/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/ .

I’ve restarted the server with ./shutdown.sh and ./startup.sh in jasperserver/apache-tomcat/bin .

When I try to import a datasource : Data Source => Add Resource => Data Source

I see only following type of the data source:

JDBC Data Source

Bean Data Source

JNDI Data Source

No sign of cvs, xls or xml.

• 7 months later...

This patch appears to be for 3.7.0. Can it be applied to JasperServer 4.0?

EDIT: After further tinkering, I was able gett his to work by not including the jasperserver-api-metadata-impl-3.7.0.jar file. I copied all files as instructed, and then deleted this file, since there isa  4.0 version of it. After restarting JasperServer, I successfully found the XML/Excel/CSV Data Source types when adding a new data source.

Post Edited by cmathis430 at 03/01/2011 17:10

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm currently using jasper reporting server 4.0 and the option does not exist for excel, xml...

I was wondering if they have patched the latest version, I tried to download the patch but the link is broken, anywhere i can find the patch file?

please advise

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I installed jasperserver 4.2.1 a couple of days ago, and I still don't see the option for XML data source. I'm wondering the same thing, is this patch applicable for the newest server version? Alternatively, I guess implementing custom data source is still a valid option...?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...