Error deploying WAR on Tomcat6

Dimas

Hi!

I've installed an Ubuntu Server 8.10 with the Tomcat6 packages. Tomcat6 is running ok, as well as the manager, but I can't deploy the JasperServer 3.0. I followed the instructions from the JasperServer Install Guide but it don't start. I attach the logs with the errors, I can't understand it. Someone can help? Thx

The logs: http://www.dimas.cat/logs.zip

Post Edited by Dimas at 11/07/08 14:59

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not tried to install on tomcat 6 but your log is suggesting that the variable java.io.tmp can't be resolved.  In tomcat 5 this was set in catalina.sh to $CATALINA_TMPDIR as a defined start-up command line option.

Can you check the options that are used to start tomcat?  Maybe take a look at the /etc/init.d/tomcat file or the catalina.sh file.

Yes, I think there is something funny going on with the permissions:

[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'java.io.tmpdir'

So opening up the permissions or perhaps running the Tomcat as a user with more system privileges.

Also, Hey Anandharaj, cool JasperServer post on your Blog :-)

JasperServer writes to the file system when it is running. It happens in 2 places.

1. Virtualized reports: large reports are paged out into files. The default place for this is the java.io.tmpdir, managed by the Java configuration you used when the server started.
  2. Log files go by default into /WEB-INF/logs. This is controlled by /WEB-INF/log4j.properties

The logs indicate that the server (really the user the Java process is running as) does not have access to java.io.tmpdir, usually /tmp under Linux.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 3 weeks later...