We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer installation issues

zimagor

Hi,

I'm trying to install JasperServer Pro 3.0 on my Windows Vista Ultimate x64. At the final stage of the installation I'm getting the following errors (see attached screenshots). A similar error then occurs when I try to start the server.

What could be causing the issues? Could you please help me in resolving it?

Thanks in advance,

Dmitry.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dmitry,

There have been a number of bugs tracked on the MySQL site which feature the mysqld service not starting on Vista.  Can you check to see if there are any messages in the event log?

The screen shots seem to indicate that.

It is mentioned in the release notes, but you have to install JasperServer as a Vista administrator.

Also try installing MySQL separately from a direct MySQL download, and then installing JasperServer with the "use exisiting MySQL" option. There are issues with using the bundled MySQL on slower machines, where MySQL does not come up quickly.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

The problem is most likely that you are running with a 64bit operating system. Because the "bundled" applications (ie the included mysql, java, etc) are operating system specific compilations.

In order to run under a 64 bit OS, the best practice would be to download the appropriate MySQL from the mysql site. I assume that you have a java already installed. Tomcat is a java application so you can download your own or use the one included ("bundled") with the installer.

It sounds like the installer is running for you under Vista. If so, you can run the installation again and choose to use an "existing" mysql.

Or you can follow the steps outlined in the Install Guide for doing an installation from the War File Distribution bin zip (which you can find in the downloads area). There are detailed steps in section 5.

Hope this helps.