We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Why does my PDF have two pages??

kurt_cobain

Can anyone tell me why my PDF is turning out to be two pages? I have the size set at 8x10 with NO borders, and for some reason I'm getting two pages even though there is only one record in the main query. The second page is blank.

Also my page layout fits in 8x10 with room to spare... I DO have 3 subreports, but they are short and fit on one page just fine - is it a property of the subreport i need to change?

Thanks

Post edited by: kurt_cobain, at: 2008/05/02 15:16

Post edited by: kurt_cobain, at: 2008/05/02 15:59

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Try changing the backround color of one of the fields on your subreports to see if it is returing blank values. I had pages that I though were blank but when I did this found out that my report was atually returning data.

In your subreport have you set "Remove line when blank"?

svenn wrote:

Try changing the backround color of one of the fields on your subreports to see if it is returing blank values. I had pages that I though were blank but when I did this found out that my report was atually returning data.

None of the subreports are returning data, that's for sure...

svenn wrote:

In your subreport have you set "Remove line when blank"?

I just checked that, and it's checked and I'm still getting a blank 2nd page.

If I remove those 3 subreports from the report, I only get one page. Two subreports return no data, and one of them returns a single line of data, with plenty of room left at the bottom...

Post edited by: kurt_cobain, at: 2008/05/02 16:29

Hi

Subreports always cause me grief with extra pages. There is some kind of artifact called "overflow with empty space" that can result in an extra page.

Are all the subreports in one band? If so, can you adjust the band height so that the sum of all the heights of the reportElements in the subreports as well as any other reportElements within that band totals up to exactly the band height that contains them?

Sometimes that helps me.

Betty