two instances sharing repository?

dogfuel

Hello -

Any problem with two JasperServer instances sharing a repository? Though this seems like a good scale-out strategy, my need is a little different as the first instance is in a DMZ and can only access one specific db server inside our network.

the second instance would be inside the inner firewall and would have access to many databases. users with roles that allow access to other databases will just know to log into the second instance of JasperServer.

Related-I have had problems with the LINUX installer being unable to use a repository on anything but a local server - does anyone know if this has been fixed?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have run JasperServer in a load balanced configuration, with multiple servers using 1 repository.

Your situation is different than that. It looks like some of your users can login to both instances, and could therefore run reports in the DMZ instance that would not work. If they can stay away from reports etc that only work in the inner firewall instance, you should be fine.

Sherman

JasperSoft

Regarding the installer, it only supports connecting to a mysql instance that is on localhost. I'm actually surprised that more people have not asked for the installer to support mysql on a remote server. There are some issues in that the installer supports an existing mysql and also allows for the installing of an included ("bundled") mysql. To support all options, targeted to a remote server is tricky. Please add this as an enhancement request if you think this would be useful.

Thanks,

-Tony