We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Support for JasperServer and JasperAnalysis

swood

The JasperSoft team and the broader community are active on these forums to help you with news, questions and issues with JasperServer and JasperAnalysis. We will try to respond within a week, and often sooner.

If you want guaranteed support, please check out our support options at http://www.jaspersoft.com/ss_subscriptionservices-details.html
. JasperSoft provides individual request support on the JasperServer and JasperAnalysis open source versions and annual subscription support on our professional versions.

The community is trying out using IRC. The channel is #jasperforge on Freenode.

Sherman
JasperSoft

Post Edited by swood at 12/18/2009 17:57

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swood wrote:

The JasperSoft team and the broader community are active on these forums to help you with news, questions and issues with JasperServer and JasperAnalysis. We will try to respond within a week, and often sooner.

If you want guaranteed support, please check out our support options at http://www.jaspersoft.com/ss_subscriptionservices-details.html
. JasperSoft provides individual request support on the JasperServer and JasperAnalysis open source versions and annual subscription support on our professional versions.

Sherman
JasperSoft

Hello,

I am planning to use JasperServer 2.1 with Websphere 6 & Oracle.

Can you help me by providing the procedure/configuration method to make JasperServer 2.1 working with Websphere & Oracle?

What is the procedure to make JS 2.1 working with Websphere & Oracle?

What is War Distribution File? From where can I get it?

I have downloaded JasperServer 2.1 from Jasperforge site but its coming with Tomcat & MySQL. I have also downloaded docs for the same & read the docs but it has no configuration/installation steps for Websphere & Oracle.

I will really appreciate your response.

Please reply me ASAP. Its really urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am planning to use JasperServer 2.1 with Websphere 6 & Oracle.

Can you help me by providing the procedure/configuration method to make JasperServer 2.1 working with Websphere & Oracle?

What is the procedure to make JS 2.1 working with Websphere & Oracle?

What is War Distribution File? From where can I get it?

I have downloaded JasperServer 2.1 from Jasperforge site but its coming with Tomcat & MySQL. I have also downloaded docs for the same & read the docs but it has no configuration/installation steps for Websphere & Oracle.

Please reply me ASAP. Its really urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Our professional edition has support for WebSphere and Oracle. There are no installers for these. Instead you take the WAR file and configure according to the installation guides. You can download the professional edition from http://www.jaspersoft.com/downloads.html

The Community Edition can be configured to work with WebSphere and Oracle. You would need to convert the database creation scripts to Oracle and do the WebSphere configuration.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

swood wrote:

Our professional edition has support for WebSphere and Oracle. There are no installers for these. Instead you take the WAR file and configure according to the installation guides. You can download the professional edition from http://www.jaspersoft.com/downloads.html

The Community Edition can be configured to work with WebSphere and Oracle. You would need to convert the database creation scripts to Oracle and do the WebSphere configuration.

Sherman
Jaspersoft

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I appreciate it.

From where Can I download WAR file for JasperServer-pro edition?

I check the website http://www.jaspersoft.com/downloads.html

but there is no download available for JasperServer-pro.WAR file?

I am using following for jasperserver setup.

j2sdk1.4.2_05

MySQL 5.0

JasperServer 2.1(War File)

I am getting following error.

11:06:18,988 WARN JDBCExceptionReporter,main:77 - SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null

11:06:18,998 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter,main:78 - Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

11:06:18,998 WARN SettingsFactory,main:109 - Could not obtain connection metadata

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:529)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:312)

at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:81)

at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:76)

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2006)

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1289)

at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.newSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:804)

at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:744)

at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSessionFactoryBean.java:131)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1118)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1085)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:429)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:250)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:141)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:247)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:161)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:270)

at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:346)

at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)

at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)

at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)

at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3411)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3749)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:821)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:259)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:825)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:623)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:463)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:930)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:420)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:166)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:791)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2290)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:516)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:402)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:202)

11:06:21,131 ERROR ContextLoader,main:205 - Context initialization failed

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'olapConnectionService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-olap-connection.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Enum

Caused by:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Enum

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1618)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1930)

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:1301)

at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:60)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:45)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:701)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:687)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:388)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:250)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:141)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:247)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:161)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:273)

at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:346)

at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)

at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)

at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)

at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3411)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3749)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:821)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:259)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:825)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:623)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:463)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:930)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:420)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:166)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:791)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2290)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:516)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:402)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:202)

-------------------Error complete--------------------

I did put mysql-connector-java-3.1.12-bin.jar file in C:jakarta-tomcat-5.0.0commonlib.

Also have changed source definitions as following in context.xml as per tomcat 5.0 Syntax.

---------context.xml-------------<Resource name="jdbc/jasperserver" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/jasperserver">

<parameter>

<name>maxActive</name>

<value>100</value>

</parameter>

<parameter>

<name>maxIdle</name>

<value>30</value>

</parameter>

<parameter>

<name>maxWait</name>

<value>10000</value>

</parameter>

<parameter>

<name>username</name>

<value>jasperadmin</value>

</parameter>

<parameter>

<name>password</name>

<value>jasperadmin</value>

</parameter>

<parameter>

<name>driverClassName</name>

<value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>

</parameter>

<parameter>

<name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jasperserver?autoReconnect=true</value>

</parameter>

</ResourceParams>

----------End context.xml-------------

Can you help me with this?

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks in adavnce.

swood wrote:

Sherman
JasperSoft

Hello,

Which version of JasperServer is supported by j2sdk1.4.2_05/JDK 1.4?

In other words Does JasperSever work under j2sdk1.4.2_05/JDK 1.4?

As I have to use j2sdk1.4.2_05/JDK 1.4, so anyone can tell me that which version of JasperServer should I download & can work on j2sdk1.4.2_05/JDK 1.4?

I need help ASAP. Its urgent.

I will appreciate response.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

We have some reports which have hyperlinks.After clicking these hyperlinks other reports have to be opened.Currently they are opening in a new window.But instead they should open as popups which should not have any toolbar or address bar.Pl

tell us how to implement this.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Sherman,

Does JasperServer or iReport provide the capability to have a form be able to update a table based on parameters that are entered. I noticed that with these tools you can automate reports, but how about being able to update the database the reports run off of? Is there anything like that in the japser suite. I am curious as i am not very familiar with Java but am a avid user of iReport and Jasperserver.

Thanks

Ruben

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I need a little help from the experts. I'm having problems with temp files. I use jasperserver in a huge application systems. It, I don't know why, is creating a huge ammount of temp files, I mean more than seven hundred thousand files, almost 19 Gb... When it happens the system becomes really unstable and almost crash.  I can understand it creates this files, but I can't understand why it's not erasing or deleting this files. I have another problem. Our database is Oracle. In an unspecific time af the day, I supposed because of the lot of people working, in catalina.out I can see an error that stops the system. It says something like max connections exceeded. I investigated in Google, of course (jejeje), and just could find that I needed to increase the max-connection parameter in Mysql and in a file named /opt/jasperserver-3.1/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/META-INF/context.xml. By default if has 100 and I increase to 200. I think this problems are because I need to tune-up jasper... Any help is really wellcome... Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

chuchuaguilera,

With your files, do they cleaned up if the server is restarted? That is what is intended.

With your Oracle connections, is the problem with connections to the repository database or the report data sources? If you are using a JDBC connection for reports, they are limited by default to 5 connections. Use a JNDI connection instead, and you can define large connection pools.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 2 months later...

Hi, I instaled the Jaspserserver 3.7 and the IReport 3.7.0.

I've created some reports in IReport using "cascading input controls" that i will explain after:

I have 2 inputs controls: Country and State.

In IReport, when i choose Country's "type" as "Single Select Query" it doesn't  work, but when i choose all other options work correctly.

For State input, all options work.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...