prevent viewing sub and drill to reports directly?

dogfuel

Is it possible to hide subreports and "drill to" reports (those drilled to through hyperlinks) from users.

The intent is for them to access these only through the parent reports - they need read acut ideally could not see thecess bm in the JasperServer framework.

thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder this also - it is currently the reason we are not going with JasperServer Pro. Am I also missing the obvious workaround? I do not want business users wondering what the data sources, input controls and sub reports are.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Maybe i can help you with that problem.

The problem with the subreports and datasource i already solved:

building a folder admin (name it like you want).

building subfolders for datasources and inputcontrols

after that change the permissions for the admin folder in that way, that only ROLE_ADMNINISTRATOR is able to view this folder.

For the two subfolders you set the rights for ROLE_USER to Read Only.

Now Standard user are not able to see the folder 'admin' but in reports the input controls and datasource work.

Not tried this with hyperlink reports or subreports.

hth,

Jens

The View Reports page that is already part of JasperServer shows just reports, not data sources etc. The JasperServer API has a filter mechanism that can be specified to allow this.

Jens' suggestion about configuring the repository security can be used to stop the display of sub reports in the View Reports page.

Reports you want to hyperlink to have to be accessible to the user as far as repository management is concerned, so they would normally be visible in the View Reports page. It would be easy to create a page like View Reports that only shows reports under a particular folder for users in a given role, like "/user". You would put the top level reports under /user and the drill through reports under /drillthrough, say.

Sherman

JasperSoft

Post edited by: swood, at: 2008/03/23 18:51