Drill Down Report Feature

sulalith

Hi:

Is the drill down report feature available in Jasper Reports? Is it using the hyperlinks linked to scripts (java code invoking another instance of jasper viewer with a different datasource)?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,

Sula

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. The Employees example report does this.

In your JRXML, you can set up a hyperlink on any element in the report.

Code:

<hyperlinkParameter name="_report">
<hyperlinkParameterExpression>"/reports/samples/EmployeeAccounts"</hyperlinkParameterExpression>
</hyperlinkParameter>
<hyperlinkParameter name="EmployeeID">
<hyperlinkParameterExpression>$F{id}</hyperlinkParameterExpression>
</hyperlinkParameter>

The _report parameter is a URI of a report in the repository. If the report you are hyperlinking to has parameters, then you can add them to the hyperlink like the EmployeeId parameter above.

Sherman

JasperSoft

Yes, this sort of detail is in the Ultimate Guides.

Customers who have JasperSoft Gold and Platinum support for our Pro products get this documentation and updates as part of their support subscription. See http://www.jaspersoft.com/ss_subscriptionservices-details.html

We need to get a visible table of contents of the JasperServer and JasperAnalysis Ultimate Guides.

Sherman

JasperSoft

Post edited by: swood, at: 2007/04/29 12:13

• 1 month later...

I have my field that needs hyperlink as

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="false" isBlankWhenNull="false" evaluationTime="Now" hyperlinkType="ReportExecution" hyperlinkTarget="Blank" >

<reportElement

x="150"

y="0"

width="150"

height="20"

key="textField"/>

<box topBorder="None" topBorderColor="#000000" topPadding="2" leftBorder="1Point" leftBorderColor="#000000" rightBorder="None" rightBorderColor="#000000" bottomBorder="1Point" bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>

<textElement textAlignment="Justified">

<font reportFont="Arial_Normal" fontName="Verdana"/>

</textElement>

<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{FIELD0}]]></textFieldExpression>

<hyperlinkReferenceExpression><![CDATA["http://localhost:8080/reportMgmt/report?reportId=E987272733424997BD18A67FCD6EFE60&reporttype=htm"]]></hyperlinkReferenceExpression>

<hyperlinkParameter name="FIELD0">

<hyperlinkParameterExpression>$F{FIELD0}</hyperlinkParameterExpression>

</hyperlinkParameter>

</textField>

How do I access my parameter FIELD0 in my servlet? Also is there anything else we need to do so that this custom parameter works? i read somewhere we need to export something to have this work.

Please help

I don't think you need the hyperlinkReferenceExpression. Anyway that reportId looks wacky.

For the report unit defined as a URI in the _report parameter, create an input control for FIELD0. This way the URL parameters will be passed into the target report in the hyperlink.

Sherman

JasperSoft