JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Abstract Method Error

redwine

I just downloaded and installed iReport 1.3.2

Version 1.3.1 was still installed in a different directory just to make sure that I could still use it if something goes wrong with 1.3.2 (as I did during previous version changes).

I encountered a problem when compiling newly created reports (error message below):

------

Compiling to file... C:Documents and SettingsviceMy Documentsworkspacesws_iReportjaspercriteria.jasper -> C:Program FilesJasperSoftiReport-1.3.2Criteria.java

Error compiling the report Java source.

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit$ClassgenCallback.call(Lorg/objectweb/asm/ClassVisitor;Lorg/codehaus/groovy/ast/ClassNode;)V at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit$5.call(CompilationUnit.java:587) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToPrimaryClassNodes(CompilationUnit.java:822) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.classgen(CompilationUnit.java:525) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:432) at net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.JRGroovyCompiler.compileUnits(JRGroovyCompiler.java:97) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:190) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:105) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:128) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:588) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

------

Note that the message above is displayed after an attempt to compile a file (created in version 1.3.2) that still has no elements added to it (a fresh blank file).

The same message (except for the file name) is also displayed when I use version 1.3.2 to compile a file or an an exact copy of a file I created with version 1.3.1:

What could be the solution to this?

I'm thinking that something was changed in the configuration... but then again I'm guessing.

Operating environment:

MS Windows XP Pro

Version 2002

SP 2

Pentium 4

2.4 GHz

1 GB RAM

What should I check configurations/settings....???

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi edwin,

I just created a bug for that problem:

http://www.jasperforge.org/sf/go/artf2191?nav=1

iReport 1.3.2 ships with an old groovy jar.

You need to replace the old groovy-all-1.0-beta-10.jar (in the lib directory) with the new groovy-all-1.0.jar available in JasperReports 1.3.2 or in the iReport SVN repository.

Thanks!

Giulio

Guilio,

Just as a feedback, I got the jar from: http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/jars/ and tried it out... it does work.

One thing that I just noted is that unlike in previous iReport versions, 1.3.2 still gives an error if I try to compile .jrxml files with names beginning with numbers.

... I am quite sure I have openned files named as such... but then again I could be wrong.

I'll make sure that I post candidate bugs as soon as I encounter any... if only to help make iReport better.

Once again... thanks.

Hooooooo Rahhhhhhhhhh!