We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Creating a Dashboard

rjmacneil

I'd like to create a dashboard-like report to show several key business indicators on a page using several charts.

Is there a tutorial around on how to do that?

Would I create each of the charts as a subreport?

Thanks For Your Help

Rod MacNeil

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same problem. I need to create a dashboard, so I had created 1 main report and 2 subreports. I am able to link the subreports with the main report, but what I want is, when I click some thing in the main report, that should take to subreport. But now I am able to see all the 3 reports in one and there is no navigation. Can you please tell me how to create the dash board with navigation(drill).

Thanks

Srikanth

Post edited by: khris_shree, at: 2008/03/25 22:03

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

So, by the responses of this topic there are no tutorials in how to create a dashboard.

And it sounds like a dashboard is simply a master report with sub reports?

What controls are available in a dashboard? Gauge controls?

I haven't found them in iReport.

Check out this video I did a couple of months ago:

http://jasperforge.org/website/ireportwebsite/IR%20Website/tutorials/Dashboard/Dashboard.html

There is no voice, but feel you free to make questions.

You can use subreports, but for charts a subdataset is enough. Of course using subreport you can make you dashboard components reusable.

Giulio

Go to the iReport home page and click the big button labeled Download.

Please note that the List componet will not work with JasperServer 3.5.2 since it should still use JasperReports 3.5.0 (which I'm not sure it supports lists).

Just in case, in the options window of iReport 3.5.2 set the compatibility of the jrxml produced to 3.5.0 (there is a tab called compatibility inside the tab General).

Giulio

JasperReports and iReport grown really quickly, and new versions are released more frequently.

JasperServer is not released at the same rate of speed, this does not mean that at some point it will support all these features.

The only requirement is JasperReports 3.5.2 (just that jar to be clear).

Giulio

by the way, the use of the list component semplifies the creation of simple subreport, but it has many limitations (no auto evaluation time to show percentages, no summary to show totals, no charts in each line and so on). All you can do in a list can be done better (even with some more effort) using a subreport.

Giulio

• 3 years later...