JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Spreadsheet Reporting

Exelica

We have built a 100% Java spreadsheet reporting tool (www.exelica.com). Exelica helps design and run MS Excel compatible reports without the need for reformatting after the export and you can also include formulas and charts etc that are carried forward to MS Excel.

We wish to explore the potential of expanding our product to assist the Jasper report/iReport users.

It would be of great help if you express your needs and preferences as an IT professional or your end user needs/requirements for a true MS Excel report export with for example embedding formulas, charts, page header/footer, sheet name etc in the export to Excel (or any other related spreadsheet reporting requirements).

We have a long list of benefits for a spreadsheet report option but we are eager to find out your practical/hands on requirements.

Also feel free to contact us at support@exelica.com

Thanks

Shahram

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Shahram,

is your library an OpenSource software that can work with iReport or JasperReports?

How do you think your message can help iReport/JR users especially the users that are working with JasperIntelligence?

Or maybe is your one an unwelcome way to market your commercial product through the iReport forum?

Why don't you consider to help this community improving the existing JR exporter for excel?

Giulio

Hi Giulio,

Our product is not open source yet but we are not also selling licenses (yet). I am actually trying to find out in what ways we can add value to iReport/Jasper report/JasperIntelligence users by finding out more of their requirements in this area.

My intention is to see if there is enough demand to merge parts of the products together or to create add on options. The exact approach of how all of these might unfold is not clear for me (otherwise i wouldn't have asked the forum), but i trust that the more clarity i get on what the users need on spreadsheet reporting, the better chance we can figure out the best option.

And thanks for asking for more clarity.

Shahram

Hi Giulio,

By the way, you asked "Why don't you consider to help this community improving the existing JR exporter for excel?" :

Over, the years we have learned that the limitation of having a perfect Export to Excel cannot be resolved just by improving the Export process.

Most page layout reporting tools do not capture enough information and attributes on the alignment, cell merging, formulas and formatting relavant to Excel at design time so when it comes to Export to excel, even the best export to Excel cannot do the job.

So to answer your question, we can only help much better by contributing at a much greater scale by a merger of codes of greater magnititude.

Thanks

Shahram