JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Paragraphs in Styled Text

thiagot

Hey guys,

I need a hand here.

I created a styled static text and all was going ok, bold italic, everything.

But I need one thing, I need to indent paragraphs. like using Tab key. It is not working. I tried using <p> and it doesn't recognize it. "& n b s p ;" isn't accepted too.

I noticed that if I use PDF tags it will work for HTML and PDF but if I use HTML tags it won't work on PDF. I need to work on both.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

thiagot wrote:

Hey guys,

I need a hand here.
I created a styled static text and all was going ok, bold italic, everything.

But I need one thing, I need to indent paragraphs. like using Tab key. It is not working. I tried using <p> and it doesn't recognize it. "& n b s p ;" isn't accepted too.

I noticed that if I use PDF tags it will work for HTML and PDF but if I use HTML tags it won't work on PDF. I need to work on both.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks

Hi - I've hit a similar hurdle but don't need indent, just a simple <p>. Bold tag, line break tag, etc work fine, but the paragraph tag is unrecognised. Can this be added? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Part of the issue I think is how it is handling paragraphs. For example, a list item <li> in styled text going to pdf or a RTF file seems to have an indentation problem. It puts in the bullet, but doesn't indent remaining lines to match with the bulleted paragraph.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I´ve problems because my web application has an ritchtext editor (FCK) and the user submit html tags for my base. When i try to show a report some tags arent supported for jasper.

I apreciate if you guys tell if there is a editor that makes compatibles htmls or if you heve a method in java that parse the html commun for the jasper supported html.

Please any information help!

Thank you, and sorry my english.

I'm having same issue with bullet lists rendered into PDF report. Customer has provided text content that will not fit on single lines and requests bullet lists. I've applied the <li> tags to each item, whic provides a bullet list, but not with appropriate indent. Isn't there some way to insert a list-style to enforce indentation?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

now we came to the point where we must provide bullet list within our application too (customers are still kings) ...

so we do have of course the same problem with TextIndent if text stretches over several lines within one <li> item.

I tried also the latest JasperReports 3.1.4 StyledText sample but the problem still exists. (we still work with 2.0.5 in production).

So is there any hope that this bug is solved within one of the next releases?????

regards from Germany

C-Box