We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Ireport Issue (freeze when creating complex report)

jerm.obial

Hi guys, I am new to Ireport Designer and have an issue or problem with it. I was able to install and configure Ireport properly and was successful in creating simple reports from it but when creating more complicated report it will freeze and not function. I already tried waiting for more than an hour for the software to respond but nothing happend. Already tried the same process for a week and still the same thing happend. I tried multiple OS (windows XP 32bit, Windows 7 32bit/64bit, Ubuntu 12.04LTS 64bit) using the same PC and same thing happens. I am trying to create a report based on the database exported from our Mambu account.

PC Specs (core i3-2100 @3.1GHz, 12GB ram, 1TB HDD, Asus P8H 61-M LE Mobo, 2GB 128bit Radeon HD 6670 Vcard)

Ireport Designer 5.1 , MySQL 5.6.11, JAVA jre 1.7 and MySQL workbench = (software used in creting report)

Hope you guys can enlighten me on what to do... thanks alot

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already tried adding additional memory to Java (heap space)  to 2048M (XmX2048M) and still the same thing happens. Also tried editing ireportpro.conf (since I can't find ireport.conf for ireport v5.1) and changed Xms42m to 256m and Xmx512m to 2048m but ireport will not start or work (changed back settings for ireport to work again). 

Anymore ideas guys? I would greatly appreciate it.. thanks in advance

What is the status of the memory utilization on the machine and within iReport at the time when it "freezes"?  What is the status of your CPU processing at the same time?  This could be caused by many things, including:

• a looping/long running query in your report
  • a looping calculation in your report
  • a looping as it attempts to add a large field into a space where no page break is allowed, etc.

When you say it is a complex report, what is complex about it?