Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Reports with too many columns and lots of data

marciopd

Guys,

I have a report which columns are dynamic and the number of columns can be big enough so they don't fit all in one page.

I though the best way to implement this was using crosstabs, because they deal with column breaks automatically.

The problem with crosstabs is that if the data being rendered is a really big datatable, then the crosstab will eat all memory and crash the report no matter if you're using a virtualizer.

What's the best solution for this situation? (dynamic columns + page column breaks + lots of data)

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there are any solutions for your requirements.  Column breaks are only implemented in crosstabs, which work with in-memory data.

It's not very clear what dynamic columns means.  Do you have any details on that?  How are the columns defined, and how is the data fed to the report?

Regards,

Lucian

Hi,

Please don't contribute only by voting. Your feedback is needed on that tracker where a question was asked about how breaking of columns should actually work.

Without valuable feedback, the feature will never be implemented, regardless of how many votes it received.

Thanks,

Teodor

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...