We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Attachment not present!

ragasits

Hi,

I created a report with ireport, what is running fine. When I fill it to Jasperserver repository, I've this error message, when ireport reopening it: 

Error:
Attachment not present!

When I delete first 4 textfield from detail, the fill working fine.

I'm using JasperServer 3.7.0, IReport 3.7.2, Postgresql

Have you got any ideas whats wrong

thx,
Csaba

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have the same issue. Tried searching a lot about it but didn't find anything. As the guy above told, if I remove some of the text fields, it works fine. If I delete those fields and try adding anyting there, it still gives the same error.

It's really urgent. Can some one please help us out.

Cheers

Prashant

• 2 weeks later...

Prashant,

I think you'll need to add some more details about what you are encountering and step by step instructions for reproducing it. There are probably other readers like myself that cannot understand what symptoms you're facing, so it's impossible to begin guessing at what the underlying cause it.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for looking into it. Well, I will tell you the latest problem I had with the same error message. I am using JasperServer 3.7.0, IReport 3.7.3. I have set my compatibility option in iReports to JasperReport 3.7.0 .

Well I created a report and it worked completely fine in iReports. Now I uploaded in the jasper server repository and it get uploaded without any error. Now when I double click on the .JRXML file from the reporsitory, it gives me error

Error:

Attachment not present!

I have attached a screenshot.

Now for the same report in iReport, I tried deleting some text fields or other stuff randomly and it worked after I deleted some of the fields.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks

Prashant

Post Edited by prashant_nz at 01/09/2011 20:32

Ahh... I see what's going on now. I just had this problem recently myself.

The problem is with how web service attachments are handled. By default they get saved into .../webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/attachments

It's common enough that the user running the app server, I'll call him "tomcat", cannot create directories there. So tomcat cannot create the folder "attachments" and you cannot upload things. Or the directory could exist but tomcat doesn't have write access to it.

But what does it work for some reports and not others? That's because axis has a hard-coded limit of 16Kb that defines what "large" is. If the report being uploaded is smaller than 16Kb then it handles things without writing to the file system. Life is good. But if the report is large then axis needs to write the file to the attachments directory. If tomcat cannot do this, then you get this error.

Solutions:

1. The quickest workaround is to upload the file using the web UI instead of using the JasperServer plugin in iReport. This is bad long term... but it's a good quick fix.
  2. Modify .../webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd. Find this line and set the value to somewhere that tomcat does have access to write to:
    <parameter name="attachments.Directory" value="attachments"/>
  3. My favorite: modify the permissions on the attachments directory.

Please let me know if that solves things for you.

Regards,
Matt

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

I've tried all the possibilities to fix this issue on my iReport, based on what mdahlman responded, but I didnt managed to fix it.

I still receive Attachment not present! text, and my settings are:

iReport v4.1.3

JasperServer v4.2

Tomcat6

Java 1.6.0

Response from jasperserver is:

Attachment not present!

java.lang.Exception: Attachment not present! 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:443) 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:320) 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ReportRunner.run(ReportRunner.java:70) 
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572) 
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997) 

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks!

rovidiu82
Wrote:

Hello,

I've tried all the possibilities to fix this issue on my iReport, based on what mdahlman responded, but I didnt managed to fix it.

I still receive Attachment not present! text, and my settings are:

iReport v4.1.3

JasperServer v4.2

Tomcat6

Java 1.6.0

Response from jasperserver is:

Attachment not present!

java.lang.Exception: Attachment not present! 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:443) 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:320) 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ReportRunner.run(ReportRunner.java:70) 
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572) 
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997) 

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks!

I managed to fix it