We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error retrieving field value from bean

croutledge

I'm using fields pulled into the report using a JavaBean DataSource.

So i put in the full path of the Bean and it pulls the fields that i can choose from into the available fields menu.

Now if i just then do a preview of the report, nothing added to it, i get the following error: -

Error filling print... Error retrieving field value from bean : currentPalletLocation
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error retrieving field value from bean : currentPalletLocation
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getBeanProperty(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:123)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getFieldValue(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:100)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRBeanCollectionDataSource.getFieldValue(JRBeanCollectionDataSource.java:104)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.setOldValues(JRFillDataset.java:807)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.next(JRFillDataset.java:771)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:1413)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:111)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:899)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:821)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:89)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:628)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:544)
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:921)
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561)
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.invokeMethod(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1773)
    at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getSimpleProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1132)
    at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:686)
    at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:715)
    at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:290)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getBeanProperty(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:115)
    ... 14 more 

The code in the getter part of that attribute on the bean is as follows: -

// begin-user-code
if (getCurrentPalletLocationList().isEmpty()) {
 return new PalletLocation();
} else {
 return getCurrentPalletLocationList().iterator().next();
}
// end-user-code

So it will be returning an empty PalletLocation i guess.

Even when i used that field on the report and amend it to call the correct getters on the attributes to return a String, Integer or whatever i still get the error.  So the report won't compile i guess.

Is there someway of getting around this because when i do pass it a list of my data these will be filled in and not null and even then you can choose for the report to display empty when it is null.  So it seems like a problem reading the getters of the fields of added to the report.

Any help is much appreciated.

Carl

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are getting an InvocationTargetException.

An InvocationTargetException is thrown when a constructor called through Constructor.newInstance(), or a method called through Method.invoke()throws an exception. The InvocationTargetException encapsulates the thrown exception, which can be retrieved using getTargetException().

Try to add a try/catch in your getCurrentPalletLocation method, print it and you'll see where the problem is.

Giulio

This seems weird. I put some try catch in the code and added the field to the available fields in the report and it seemed to preview just fine. So i added the actual field to the report and called the appropriate get inside it to access the object data and it previewed just fine. So i removed the try catch code from the class and it still worked...strange.

• 6 months later...