We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Building a minimal WAR file

lprefontaine

Hi ,

is there a quick way to build a minimal war file ? Or download one ?

So far I have been struggling with this complex deployment kit and didn't get anywhere.

I end up with weird errors, the latest being a compaint about a missing tomcat library under c:...:

$ ./js-ant deploy-webapp-ce

/opt/docker-repo/conf/jasper-server/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/setup.xml:805: /opt/docker-repo/conf/jasper-server/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 7.0/lib does not exist.

I am running this under linux... ahem. I was hoping to get the war file built and then get a deployment failure since tomcat does not exist but at least get the artifact created. Dead end.

Why no independent ant task seems to be available to build the war file w/o attemtpign a deployment ?  I missed it while reading build.xml ?

Honestly, this is turning its back to the rest of the industry. Devops with this monster ?  Beurk. This install kit is an hydra with too many heads to kill. Compound and complex tasks are not the way to go.

I want to deploy this in docker. That's it that's all. I am willing to alter property files in an existing war file by hand or sed. Nothing heavy.

I need to alter properties that are not supported by the templates in the current install kit as far as I can see. These changes can't be propagated at build time. So far it's like tackling the twelve tasks of Hercules. I added the jdbc drivers that we need (oracle, mariadb) in the build configuration, this is easy.

But I don't want to deploy the god damn thing, just get a basic war file that I can use in docker. The recipes I found in docker hub are not meeting my needs. Again to complex and not support for proxying.

help...

Thank you,

Luc P.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic