I recently upgraded to jasper server 6.2 from 5.6. I used the export/import feature to move all my reports and ad hoc views over.
However, now every time I try to edit the domain using the domain designer it complains that I've changed every column of every table and won't save any changes. It even does this if I go in the domain designer and click OK without changing anything.
Was there a major change to the format of the schema XML file between versions 5.6 and 6.2? It seems like something it's doing when it saves is rearranging everything.
It seems like the only way I can get past this is to delete all the ad hoc views and reports, then save the domain, and then recreate them by hand, which I really don't want to do.
Thanks for the response! The support team pointed me to section 8.8.1 of the admin guide and I was able to solve my problem by changing the following properties:
- skipDomainDatabaseValidation -> true
dUpdate -> false
Then I went into the domain designer, saved it after making no changes. It popped up a warning saying I was modifying objects used in ad hocs/reports, but it let me continue anyway. Then I checked the ad hocs and they all still worked fine. Went back into domain designer and don't have the error anymore.
I think the they changed the id format in the database to support non-alphabet characters. I actually had a similar situation and had to recreate all the domains.
I'm not sure if the migration tool is suppose to change the format or if there's something in the upgrade manual warning about this.