We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jaspersoft reports rest API will provide the response in plain xml or json format?

naveen.choleti

I gone trough the documents and found Jaspersoft reports rest API will provide response in PDF, HTML, XLS, XLSX, RTF, CSV, XML, DOCX, ODT, ODS, JRPRINT formats. These types can bind by using iframes in the web page.

I want to bind the response to a DIV or Grid control.

Does this rest API will provide this option? i mean is there any option available to get plain xml or json format.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly which API are you using? If it's to fetch a report, response is one of report export (pdf, html, xls, xlsx, rtf, csv, xml, docx, odt, ods, jrprint) so you'll be able to get it in xml format. Other API which doesn't return a report will return either a xml or json depending on your request header.

Thank you for your response.

I am using below url to get Report from server.

http://10128:8082/jasperserver-pro/rest_v2/reports/reports/Transactions_Report.html?j_username=jasperadmin&j_password=jasperadmin

In the output its displaying whole html page as i have used ".html". But i need is there any option availble to get plain xml or json format as a response of above url.