We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Data is the 'Dataset & Query' not showing up in the report.

gregory.west
Go to solution Solved by hozawa,

I can't believe I am asking this, I am obviously missing somethiing really important but....

I have a dataset in my report defined, I am going after a Postgresql database.  I have the query working and when I go to Data Preview I can see the data I need.   So I press OK and go back to my report.  Problem is try as I might I can not find the fields to add to my report.  What am I doing wrong?

Novice to JasperSoft, but used Crystal, and other report writers for decades.   Feel kind of stupid to even be asking this.

Greg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Did you follow the tutorial on how to create a report?

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v611/creating-new-report

Two questions.

First, when you defined your sql in the dataset, did you check all the fields so they are listed on the right side of the dialog?

Second, where are you looking for the fields? Do you have Outline view opened and looking under "Fields"?

OK, that is odd.  Inside the project I created a new report and the screens you talked about showed up.   When I creeated the report the first time, then the ddataset inside the report never could find the screen that allowed me to select the fields I needed on the report.