Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

JasperServer WebURL,InputControls

mjmapi

Good Day,

Please accept my apologies if the following question will come out bit stupid, I’m new to the product but have wealth of dev experience using BOE/Crystal, I have the following two questions

Q1:Do all deployment of JasperServer include the webURL for accessibility?, I’m doing development for a client who has no accessibility to the WebURL (I believe they are using the hosted version)?

Q2:, Is there a way to define ‘Input Controls’ within JasperStudio?, I have tried this with Conditional  queries using parameters but its still not the same as when using JasperServer for defining Input controls. 

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1: I'm not sure what you mean by "webURL". If you mean a MS feature, I don't think JasperReports Server supports it. However, JasperReports Server has URLs to display and manager reports and other  resources

Q2. Input Controls is a feature of JasperReports Server to allow web users to input values into parameters. As such, input controls won't display in Jaspersoft Studio previews but input controls can be created from the Server Repository View. Just right click a folder in a server.

Hi Hozawa,

Yes, thats the WebURL i meant, the one used to access the servers UI.

So the input controls can only be defined on the JasperServer, and the WebURL (server UI) is available for all JasperServer editions (Community, Enteprise .e.t.c) since this is the only place you can use to define the inout controls?

Thanks

hozawa