Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Does Jaspersoft Studio has a component to embed as a web component in a web application?

cesarlex90

Hello there, I would like to know if is there a way to have a web report designer such as jasper studio embeeded in a web application created in Java?

If cannot be Jasper Studio, could you give me a suggestion, it seems something like that could be perfomer with IreportDesigner, if that so is there a tutorial or documentation for it?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

iReport is based on NetBeans and Studio is based on Eclipse. I don't think you'll be able to embed NetBeans nor Eclipse is a web page.

If you want to embedded a java program in a web page, you'll need Java Applet. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any project trying to create Java Applet for JasperReports.

• 1 year later...

HHi there!

I know the question was made over a year ago but I have to try it.
I'm facing the same issue than you now since I want to change the reporting tool I've been using in my web app (developed in Eclipse). I've been using Crystal Reports but since the version I have is quite old and of course outdated I'd like to take advantage of the needed change and make the creation of reports possible in my web app.

Could you find a solution to the question at the end?

Thanks!