We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Studio Save location

israel_2

Is there any way to get Jaspersoft Stuio to let me save my reports where I want to? Whenever I create a new report and choose "save", the only option I see is some hidden "MyReports" directory. Not only does this mean that there is no way to access the reports once saved (since there is no way to tell where they are), it also means that they are outside of the project structure of whatever project I am working on, and as such can not be included in my source controll.

To make matters worse, when I choose "open" I DO get a standard file browser - which means there is no way for me to open a report again once I have closed it. The only workaround that I have found is to export the report once I have created it. But even this has a problem - if I export a report that has a sub-report, and then try to open it again, I just get an error about "Linked resources are not supported by this application" Huh? I was just editing that report in this application and now you tell me you can't open the editor because it is not supported?

How can I fix these issues, and have my reports saved in a sane location?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have an answer to the original question?  I'm having the same issues.  I try to save a stylesheet then add it to a new report, and it's nowhere to be found.  I have even tried "save as", so I can force it to a location I can find, but when I try to add it to a new report I can't find it.  I even tried copying the contents of the file into a text file, saving that, renaming it to .jrtx, and opening it, but jasper studio shows it as an empty file.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any ideas on this? I now have a report design that I can't get to open at all because I just get the "Linked resources are not supported by this application" error. To add insult to injury, this is an older report that I originally created with iReport (which has none of the problems of Jaspersoft Studio, BTW), and I KNOW I didn't have any sub-reports in in. A fix is despreately needed.

EDIT: I realized there is a simple solution to ALL these problems: Go back to using iReport Designer rather than Jaspersoft Studio. It may not have been updated in a while, but at least it work properly. Quite annoying that the "offical" statement is that iReport designer is being replaced with a product that doesn't function as well.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As stated by hozawa, Studio works on workspace basis.

If you want to know where is the MyReports directory, you can see it by File - Change workspace.

You can save there than move files to your desired directory or you can change the workspace directory.