emrizwan
Go to solution Solved by rajesh.sirsikar,

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rajesh,

The data type of my columns are Decimal so I am using following expression in step 3 of your post.

IF(DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_cr})==0,-DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_dr}),DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_cr}))

when I run the report it throws below error

Error filling print... Error evaluating expression :      Source text : IF(DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_cr})==0,-DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_dr}),DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_cr}))

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRExpressionEvalException: Error evaluating expression :      Source text : IF(DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_cr})==0,-DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_dr}),DECIMAL_VALUE($F{txn_cr}))      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JREvaluator.evaluateEstimated(JREvaluator.java:259)      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRCalculator.evaluateEstimated(JRCalculator.java:580) 

Please can you advise?

thanks

HI Emrizwan,

I have used Integer_Values() function because my data from the datasource was in string and to perform my math calculation i had to convert it in to integer.

But in your case, since it is decimal you need not add "Decimal_Value" (On top of it, I don't think there is any expression called Decimal_Value)..So just put your expression as follows

IF($F{txn_cr})==0,-$F{txn_dr},$F{txn_cr})

Thanks,

Rajesh S

• 3 weeks later...

To calculate the opening balance according to the amount of deposit and withdraw, you need to use the inter-row calculation which can be handled through Jasper expression. But the code is complicated and difficult to write. You can use esProc to work with Jasper and thus make this simpler. The esProc code is as follows:

A1=file("D:\data.csv").import@t(;",")

A2=result (t=43,A1.derive(t=t+Inputs-Outputs:Balance))

See code explanation from http://blog.raqsoft.com/?p=3540 .