We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

DTAP staging / version control Jasper Server Resources / Continuous integration

hvm

Are there best practices how to work with different environments for Development, Test, Acceptence and Production environment.
And how to do version control and continuous integration with Jasper Server Resources like domains etc.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I've looked at the codes and the database table and it seems there was some attempt to add version control but it's not nearly complete.

I think the best way as of now is to use something like svn to version control files and write a program to update JasperReports Server resources using APIs. One of my project is doing something similar to update our development server and production server. Unfortunately, JasperReports Server is missing some APIs and it's necessary to add them yourself.

The command line tool doesn't considering versioning - doesn't detect if the resource was updated.

If you just want to load all the resources in a fresh JasperServer installation, you'll be able to use the tool.

Caution: if your are going to do a complete export/import, be sure the servers versions are the same. JasperReports server have some version dependent files in the repository.

• 1 year later...

Hi Hozawa,

I need one clarification, when we export report from jasperserver, export.xml having version value some integer value inside the tag.so here I want know how to display this value (version value) into jrxml in jaspersoft. can we done this by using any default parameter. because i want to display jrxml version in reportUnit