We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Server: image absolute path to shared network drive

pauliusbau

0 down vote favorite

I've been struggling with this issue for the last several days and can not figure out a workaround... Maybe somebody will be able to help me :)

I am trying to make a jasperserver report with dynamic images, stored on a network (shared network folder on different windows machine).

In iReport I define Image Expression as \SERVER_NAMEIMAGES\CAMERA_NAME\000-000.jpg Image Expression Class as java.lang.String - everything works fine.

Even getting the image location and file name from the DB and forming Image Expression like so: $F{ADRESSS}+"\"+$F{CAMERA_NAME}+"."+$F{FILE_NAME} is no problem at all. But when I upload my working report onto JasperServer, I get a lot of errors and nothing is being displayed.

I have tried defining static part of the image path like a string parameter and have tried changing Image Expression Class to every possible option with no result :(

I know that by default jasperserver wants all the images to be somewhere in repo: or be accessed via a web url, but in my case this is not an option: I can not copy all the images to a repo or store them locally, because I have to many of them (TB or so). Also I can not "publish" and make them accessible via web url due to security reasons.

Maybe someone has experienced the same problem and knows a solution? Or maybe I am trying to do the impossible thing here?

P.S.: I am running JasperServer CE 5.5 on Win Server 2008 R2 machine.
Warehouse server holding several TB of images in its file-structure is also running on Win Server 2008 R2.
Both jasperserver and image warehouse machines see each other via the network (tested by running iReport report on jasperserver machine).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange enough "file:///C:/img/test.png" works perfectly. But when I try to access mapped network disk (file:///X:/img/test.png or file://server//img/tens.png), it doesn't work. Every time I get similar error: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Byte data not found at : file:///X:/img/test.png

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm working on a similar report.  It will display images stored in a remote server.  I built the Path in the same way but I get this error:

Repository file resource /reports/Staging/Image_test_files/image (12).jpeg could not be loaded

Thanks for your help.

• 4 years later...