We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Need help on upgrading Jasper Server 5.5 to 5.6.....

ravikakani

Hi,

I have completed the upgrade of jasper server from 5.5 to 5.6 by following "Jasper Reports-Server-Upgrade-Guide" instructions and Build was successfully completed. However, when I check the jasper server version(webappsjasperserver-proWEB-INFinternaljasperserver.properties), it is still showing as Jasper server 5.5. Please find the steps below which I have followed for upgarde.

Steps:

1) I have copied the Jasperserver 5.6 Overlay file(Upgarde file) into C:Jaspersoft

2) I have located "postgresql_master.properties" file in Jasperserver 5.5 and copied to Jasperserver 5.6/buildomatic

3) I have renamed it to "default_master.properties" and edited the file changed the (appServerDir=C:Jaspersoftjasperreports-server-5.5/apache-tomcat) tomcat location. Since jasperserver 5.6 overlay file deosn't contain tomat folder.

4) I have stopped Tomcat service and run the js-upgrade-samedb.bat command in command line.

5) The build is successful and when I check the version, it is still showing as Jasperserver 5.5

I dont know what I did wrong or Did I miss any steps while doing?....It would be very helpful......If anybody have idea on this, please respond.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I doing wrong by pointing Tomcat path to (appServerDir=C:Jaspersoftjasperreports-server-5.5/apache-tomcat) old Jasperserver 5.5 or do we have to point to this(C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0)?...I have pointed to old jasperserver 5.5 tomcat path as I do not have separate tomcat installed in program files, any suggestions?