I have completed the upgrade of jasper server from 5.5 to 5.6 by following "Jasper Reports-Server-Upgrade-Guide" instructions and Build was successfully completed. However, when I check the jasper server version(webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\internal\jasperserver.properties), it is still showing as Jasper server 5.5. Please find the steps below which I have followed for upgarde.
1) I have copied the Jasperserver 5.6 Overlay file(Upgarde file) into C:\Jaspersoft
2) I have located "postgresql_master.properties" file in Jasperserver 5.5 and copied to Jasperserver 5.6/buildomatic
3) I have renamed it to "default_master.properties" and edited the file changed the (appServerDir=C:\Jaspersoft\jasperreports-server-5.5/apache-tomcat) tomcat location. Since jasperserver 5.6 overlay file deosn't contain tomat folder.
4) I have stopped Tomcat service and run the js-upgrade-samedb.bat command in command line.
5) The build is successful and when I check the version, it is still showing as Jasperserver 5.5
I dont know what I did wrong or Did I miss any steps while doing?....It would be very helpful......If anybody have idea on this, please respond.
I just used the war upgrade instead of overlay and everything was OK. My jasperserver.properties is showing 5.6.0
Thank You. May I know the Tomcat path(appServerDir) which you have given in the default_master.properties file?
Am I doing wrong by pointing Tomcat path to (appServerDir=C:\Jaspersoft\jasperreports-server-5.5/apache-tomcat) old Jasperserver 5.5 or do we have to point to this(C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Tomcat 7.0)?...I have pointed to old jasperserver 5.5 tomcat path as I do not have separate tomcat installed in program files, any suggestions?
You'll doing it correctly pointing to the current Tomcat directory. As I said before, better not to use the overlay because it's difficult to know exactly what's it's doing (or not doing).
Thank You. I have used WAR upgrade and the server is upgraded to 5.6.