We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Is there a way to create a single conditional style to apply to multiple fields and variables?  For example, I have a report being populated from a SQL Server stored procedure that returns 12 fields, one per month, of data represented in percentages.  For each month I need to set the background and foreground colors to one of 3 different combinations based on how the percent for that month falls within a specified range.  I also have variables for each month that calculate these percentages at the region and company level.  That gives me 12 fields and 24 variables to set a conditional style for.  The only way I can figure out to do this is to create 36 different conditional styles, one for each field & variable.  Is there an easier way to do this?  It's quite cumbersome and tedious.  Seems it would be much easier to create 3 styles and in each of the 36 objects set the style based on the value in that object.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's going to help after all.  The Java solution is far outside my comfort zone and the style solution won't work for me.  I had thought that maybe it would work in a Pattern Expression but I can't find any documentation for Pattern Expression and my attempts at coding it compile & run but have no effect.  Thanks, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...