We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Upgrade Just Apache Tomcat

mgurtler

Hi there, we're running JasperServer 3.7 with the embedded Apache Tomcat, v5.5 I believe. I'd like to upgrade just the instance of Tomcat to v 6.0.39 in order to appease a security vulnerability. Is this possible/compatible and what would I need to do? This is on Windows Server 2003. Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not think anybody has tested Japser Server 3.7 in Tomcat 6 but I think that you should not have any mayor issues.

I will recommend you to deploy a new Tomcat 6 server stand alone and do a war instalation of JRS 3.7 on it. Then you can export and import the repository from the old instance to the new one.

But of course if you are going to go trough that process, it may be a good idea to upgrade Jasperserver at the same time and get the new features in Japserserver 5.5 :)

I downloaded the install for Jasper Reports Server 4.0 since that's the upgrade step from our current JasperServer 3.7. It also has the newer version of Apache Tomcat that we're after. How can I install this and then import all of our reports, data sources, users, artifacts, settings, etc so everything looks and works the same as it does now?

Check Chapter 7 of the JasperServer 4.0 Install guide that has all the steps needed to upgrade from 3.7 to 4.0. It should be in the download you got. If you are using Jasperserver Community here is the guide: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperserver/files/JasperServer/JasperServer%204.0.0/JasperReports-Server-CP-Install-Guide.pdf/download

If you are using the commercial edition, the guide is in the support portal http://support.jaspersoft.com and the chapter is #9