We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Update report instead of regenerate it ?

hhadjahmed

Hi,
I have a report that I must run every day.
So every time I generate it, Jasperserver compute the data of previous days (already calculated the last time report was generated) and add new informations for the current date in an other column.
My question is, can I make a report that already generated (yesterday) and generate only new information and merge the 2 documents ? 

Example : 
Yesterday report : 
monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday sunday
6                  5                 6                 0            0          0               0

New report :

monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday sunday

6                  5               6                   2           0             0            0

I want to do that for performance reason.

Thank you

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

>Jasperserver compute the data of previous days (already calculated the last time report was generated) and add new informations for the current date in an other column

This is probably where you problem is. You're making Jasperserver compute while the computation should be done in your business logic layer. JasperReports should be used in a presentation layer.

You can use something like Jaspersoft ETL and do the computation to add today's data into the datasource table which will be used to display the report.