Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

RESOLVED: JasperReport Server report reference to sub-reports

cek.i06go

I have a report Report1 that contains a lot of sub-reports (subReport1, subReport2, etc...) linked inside a table (in the table cell i have insert a sub-report).

In JasperStudio i have put all subreport's file in a folder in the same project:

MyProgect/

Report1.jrxml

Report1.jasper

/subReports

subReport1.jrmxl

subReport2.jrxml

subReport3.jrxml

subReport1.jasper

subReport2.jasper

subReport3.jasper

Report1 reference to the subreports by her *.jasper file (exemple of Expression parameter: "subReport/subReport1.jasper) and work perfectaly.

Now, when i put all in the server (maintaining the same folder hierarchy but all put in the server's folder /Process) i have this error:

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Error Message

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Resource not found at : subReports/subReport1.jasper

How i can fix this problem?

(i have try to change the path to /Process/subReports/subReport1.jasper but nothing...)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

You should better use a reference like : "repo:subreport1.jrxml" for your subreports.

report_004.jpg.a445e7d06f31dd06ae05e13f738d3561.jpg

If you do this way you have to upload the relative jrxml file under the "Ressources" path of your main report (iReport) or directly in the main report path (jaspersoft studio) .

You'll have somthing like :

report_001.jpg.9753d2129f3333d7a506b2c818959089.jpg

i have found the solution!

when i add a subreport under a table cell, jasperstudio don't load automaticaly the jrxml file of sureport, so you need to upload and change the reference manually with the uri (if sub report is load in the mainreport resources):

repo:/subReport

or the absolute path

/folder_to_the_mainReport/mainReport_files/subReport

I don't know why jasperStudio have this behavior, but you just need to figure out how to make remedy :)

• 3 years later...