Odd issue here:
- Just installed Jaspersoft Studio 5.5 (OS X Mavericks)
- Connected to external mysql database just fine
- Entered a query I've been using for months in iReport without issue
- Studio query editor shows syntax errors in several places (e.g., mismatched input, mismatched character)
- Can't preview data
- Can't preview report (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null 'dataset' argument)
Anybody know why this query would suddenly stop working on Studio 5.5?
Have you selected a proper data adapter for your report? Remember that studio uses data adapters (instead of datasources) and the report remembers the specific data adapter that you havce chosen. C
reating the data adapter does not means that Studio will use it for all the reports you open (like iReport did). In Studio each report remembers the data adapter you have selected previously for that report when running.
If you imported the report from iReport; Studio will have no data adapter assigend to that report and you have to pick one before you can run your query.