We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Connecting to a Hive instance in AWS

anisbet_1

Hi,

I have an instance of the Jasper report server set up on an EC2 instance,  I am trying to connecto to a Hive system(part of a Cloudera CDH cluster)  also set up in EC2.    I have verified that the Hive interface is running on port 10000 and that firewall is set-up to pass traffic on this port, but I am getting a connection refused message when I test the connection.     Here is my JDBC string(ip specifics have been Xed out)

jdbc:hive://ec2-XX-XXX-XX-XXX.compute-1.amazonaws.com:10000/default

Does anyone know of any special configuration options that are required for connection to an EC2 instance?     I am not finding much in the way of other details in either the Jaspersoft or Hive logs, so I am not sure how to troubleshoot this problem.   Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure is a network issue.

SSH into the Jasper Server instance and try to ping "ec2-XX-XXX-XX-XXX.compute-1.amazonaws.com" you can also use nmap to see if you see the port 10000 open.

Check on the cloudera instance that you are indeed listening to the external IP address (rememebr that EC2 instance are in a private network)