We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Studio and JasperReports server, ssl

mrg32043

I am trying to connect our JasperReports (v 4.0.0) server to Jasper Studio. Previously used this with iReports 4.0.2 and had no problems but now I am getting the message shown in this topic

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/using-ssl-certificate-jaspersoft-studio-55

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I followed the steps mentioned, put our certificate in the root folder on my computer and still getting the error. I know we have a self signed certificate for our JasperReports server, could that be the issue? Or do we need to upgrade our JasperReports server? I have been looking for the minimum requirement on JasperReports server to work with Jasper Studio and haven't found anything so I don't even know if that's an issue.

• Confused 1

So Yes your problem is the self signed SSL cert you will need Java to "trust" your self signed cert, take a look at this post http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15567631/trusting-self-signed-certificate-for-java-7-on-windows-7

I do not think that anybody has tested JSS against Jasper Server 4.0 so not that sure about how it will work, you are on your own here :). In theory it should work, but remember to put JSStudio in compatibility mode with JRS 4.0.0 in the Mac is in Jaspersoft Studio -> Preferences -> Jaspersoft Studio (see attahced screenshot) in Windows it should be in Tools -> Options (or Preferences) -> Jaspersoft Studio.

Set the version to 4.0.0 and enable the show compatibility warning dialog. 

Also consider that some of the components or funtionality in Studio and JR that are post 4.0 will not render in your 4.0 server (see the warinnig in that dialog)