Error Closing Context

Just installed jasperserver 5.5... manual install... Which installed successfully however, when i go to run the server i get the following error:

2013-12-09 15:35:47,869 ERROR JNDIResourceProvider,localhost-startStop-1:75 - error closing context
javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: Context is read only
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.checkWritable(NamingContext.java:962)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.close(NamingContext.java:762)
        at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.JNDIResourceProvider.close(JNDIResourceProvider.java:72)
        at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.CompositeResourceProvider.close(CompositeResourceProvider.java:56)
        at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactory.initialize(ResourcesFactory.java:163)
        at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactory.<init>(ResourcesFactory.java:92)
        at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactory.<clinit>(ResourcesFactory.java:89)
        at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactoryContextListener.contextInitialized(ResourcesFactoryContextListener.java:23)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4939)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5434)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

Any ideas to a solution?
whiteboy_atl's picture

4 Answers:

Try adding a file named resfactory.properties under WEB-INF/classes containing the following line:

tbeller.usejndi=false

Also log a bug for this using the trackers, the file should be already there in the war but it's missing for some reason.

Regards,

Lucian

lucianc's picture

Is it resolved in new versions as i still don't see the file in newer version 6.0.1

gupta_nikhil_badal's picture

It also can be, that you have a second applicationContext.xml file named like "applicationContexWhateverYouWant.xml" (I had it as a backup). I got this error as Spring was looking for "applicationContext*.xml".

If you want to have a backup call it applicationContext.xml.bkp or something like that, but after the file extension ".xml".

gawd's picture

This Problem still exists in newer versions :D 

SETTURGOPI's picture
Feedback
randomness