We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

nanda_p_kumar

Hi,

I am trying to install Jasperreports server 5.5 on an RHEL 6 system. If the installation is done as root user, it completes without any issues. But if the same is done with a non root user, it fails with issues regarding permission. I have checked on the forum for such cases, but they have had issues with the host names. But my /etc/hosts results as "127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4". I am pretty sure, host name is not the issue in my case. 

I have tried the custom installation where I used the bundled tomcat and postgres but did not install the sample db and reportsand it fails with this message:

Total time: 14 seconds
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
 Error running /home/mviva/jasperreports-server-5.5/apache-ant/bin/ant import-minimal-pro : 
BUILD FAILED
/home/mviva/jasperreports-server-5.5/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:269: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/mviva/jasperreports-server-5.5/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:158: Java returned: 255

I also tried default install. It also fails with this message:

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
 Error running /home/mviva/jaspersoft/apache-ant/bin/ant import -DimportFile=install_resources/export/js-catalog : 
BUILD FAILED
/home/mviva/jaspersoft/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:240: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/mviva/jaspersoft/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:158: Java returned: 255

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Marianol.

I would like to know, if I install as root user/sudoer, is there a way to start jasperreports server as non root user?

Could you also please let me know if I would be able to import and export the jasperreports server repo if I install using the war file?

Thanks

Nanda<<<<<< This comment was blocked and unpublished because Project Honeypot indicates it came from a suspicious IP address.

Thank you Marianol.

If I install using root/sudoer, is there any way to start the Jasperreports server as a non root user/without sudo?

Could you also let me know, if in the war file installation, would I be able to import/export the Jasperreports server repo?

Thanks & Regards,

Nanda

Hi, I tried installing using the war file distribution. It completed successfully. I used the minimal install. But now, when I start the tomcat, I get an error saying " Cannot find tenant by ID : organizations". Why does this happen? I got this same problem even during the bundled installer.<<<<<< This comment was blocked and unpublished because Project Honeypot indicates it came from a suspicious IP address.

• 2 weeks later...

@Marianol -- the following Jaspersoft community article explains that the bundle install can be done as non-root, and has specific instructions to do so [http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/install-bundled-package-jasperreports-server-and-run-application-non-root-user].

We have installed the bundle as non-root successfully -- as one user -- but with a different user we are getting the same error as shown above.  Still investigating.
==> Update:  Now all non-root users work correctly when installing the bundle (as of Dec 26).  No special permissions or sudo are required.  See update comment below for more info.