We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

error data preview with mdx query and XMLA Data Adapter

luca.frisetti

Hi, 

I have the following error during the data preview with a mdx query connected to a XMLA Data Adatper :

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: XML/A fault: XMLA MDX parse failed; Actor: Mondrian; Code: SOAP-ENV:Client.00HSBD01; 
at net.sf.jasperreports.olap.xmla.JRXmlaQueryExecuter.handleResultFault(JRXmlaQueryExecuter.java:494)
at net.sf.jasperreports.olap.xmla.JRXmlaQueryExecuter.parseResult(JRXmlaQueryExecuter.java:335)
at net.sf.jasperreports.olap.xmla.JRXmlaQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRXmlaQueryExecuter.java:130)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.createQueryDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:1112)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.initDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:689)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.setParameters(JRBaseFiller.java:1281)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:900)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fill(JRFiller.java:152)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fill(JasperFillManager.java:464)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.reader.DatasetReader.start(DatasetReader.java:184)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.property.dataset.dialog.DataPreviewTable$4.run(DataPreviewTable.java:250)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

The mdx query is correct, and run into the ad hoc view, but when I put it to the JasperStudio, I have the "read fields" disabled and the data preview with the error described.
Do you have any suggestion, please ?

Thanks,
Luca

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Massimo,

thanks for your reply, I understood that the read fields is disabled since there is not automatic retrieval (even is not so intuitive), and so I added manually my fields, now what I didn't understand is if I'm wrong the syntax in fields name/field type/description, because the exception don't give me a clear information.

Regards,

Luca

Hi Massimo,

I tried to edit my XMLA Data Adapter connection to point the SugarCRM Schema, one of the example of JasperServer 5.5, to test the "preview data" functionality in JasperStudio, and the problem persist, but now I think it is more easy to replicate the problem. I attached you my mdx query, fields definition and finally the error.

Thanks,

Luca