We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Using studio to create a small chart to be used in Jasperserver dashboard

Steve.B

I apoligize in advance if this is a silly/newbie question. I have started using Studio after realizing that it will be the preferred environment. I like the interface.

My goal is to use Studio to develop individual elements (not sure if this is the right word), that can be assembled into a dashboard. so I think my goal is to create smaller reports that can

be individually placed in the dashboard.

When I create a new report, I choose 'Format A4".

I am expecting to be able to set the overall dimensions of the report, and place charts withion the report, but making sure to try and stay within a specified dimension (say 400x400 px)

But when I set the new dimensions of the report using Properties/Page format, the page as depicted on the design view is actuallys smaller than the pixel dimensions

My understanding is that the dimensions set through properties/page format are actually the maximum dimensions for the chart is that correct and that the page will dynamically adjust to smaller content but will throw an error if I strectch something that would extend beyond?

Am I right?

Thanks in advance! I notice the studio threads are getting answered quickly! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a silly question :)

Indeed, before you add anything to your new report, what you see in the Design tab appears smaller than the available number of pixels. However, you can expand any band you like, and what you see in the Design tab will "grow". In fact, you can expand it beyond what will fit on the page, and that will ultimately cause an error.

Now, I hope I understood your question and didn't just give you a silly answer.

Regards,
Ilona