We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error when shutting down tomcat : Jasper clunk

jaspertech

When shutting down tomcat, I get this in the logs:

SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Jul 9, 2013 4:01:33 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [CascadeCacheCleaner] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

---
Some of my tomcat ports are still listening and I have to kill Java process to shut it down.  I am on Jasper 4.5.0, is there any remedy to this JasperSoft?

---
I was told by sales that some of the top developers frequently monitor the forum and answer questions.  This has not been my experience.  The lack of overall help on the forums really makes me question the decision as to whether to use/recommend Jasper for future projects that require reporting needs.  There simply is no community support here and a very noticeable difference between Jasper and other hybrid open source/commercial models.

If you look at the answers posted to each and every question you will mostly see a 0 answer by it.  clunk.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

As daily user of JasperReports Server myself, I was confronted with this problem too. I think the JRS team has worked on this recently as now that I'm using the latest build from JRS SVN trunk, I don't see this problem anymore.

So I think this is now solved for the upcoming release, later this month. I'm not sure if there is something easy to do for solving this in older releases.

It's probably not a trivial thing since it took a while to solve it.

Thank you,

Teodor