We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Incorrect "Report Design" perspective in Rational

pnicolay
Go to solution Solved by pnicolay,

I just installed Jasper Studio in a Rational Business Developer instance, but I seem to get another "Report Design" perspective.

I presume this one is an included one of RBD and is related to BIRT, could it be that there's a perspective naming conflict ?

Is there any method in solving this, or should Jasper Studio rename its perspective ?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,
I don't have the chance to test a Rational Business Developer instance.
However I will try to make a quick test to see if some problems arise after installing the JSS plug-in inside an Eclipse version containing Birt.

I'll let you know and just in case I will log a bug.
Best regards,
Massimo.

Hi,
I checked and that's true also BIRT perspective has "Report Design" as name attribute.
From what I've seen there are no issues in having two perspectives with the same name. 

Personally I would not change JSS perspective name. "Report Design" it's fine. 
However I will start an internal discussion thread about that. Just in case we will rename it.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Massimo.

Sorry,
but it's not clear to me what's wrong in your environment. Are you currently facing any errors or exceptions using JSS?
Because the only "UI issue" I saw after installing JSS plugin was having two "Report Design" perspectives. One is related to Jaspersoft Studio and the other one related to BIRT. But I was to open both without any problems.

Let me know.
Best regards,
Massimo.

Hi,

you should be able to open the JSS perspective from "Window > Open Perspective > Other ..." or using the toolbar button on the top right corner.
As you can see in the attached screenshot I've currently opened the JSS perspective. But you can also see the button for the BIRT one because I opened it in the past.

Here I have an "Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers" (Juno SR2) on top of which I've installed JSS plugin.

Best regards,
Massimo.

• Solution

It must have been an install issue... I restarted RDB (Run as administrator), installed JSS again... and now everything is fine.

Guess the plugin wasn't installed correctly by running RDB not as administrator.